Teacher Training Program
Yoga Daily’s Strong and Supple 200-Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
There are many ways to teach yoga and many ways to practice yoga. The foundation and primary focus of our Strong and Supple Vinyasa Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training Program is an intelligent balance of learning how to include strength, stability, and softness in a mindful vinyasa sequence. You will be prompted to think outside the “boxana” when it comes to asana. We will explore movement beyond labels. What things are typical yoga practices lacking nowadays? How can we bring some of those elements into our practice? We will also emphasize the importance of and how to incorporate the other limbs of yoga seamlessly into a yoga practice.
Because Tricia has been teaching, studying, and practicing yoga and all its aspects – asana, pranayama, meditation, service – full time since 2003, she can offer from personal experiences, insight into the deeper dimensions of yoga that, frequently, the staff of other trainings do not have the experience to provide.
For those students just starting out on their yoga journey and desiring to teach (RYT 200), it is essential to obtain a strong foundation in anatomy and biomechanics, yoga ethics and philosophy, and the art of teaching & sequencing. The curriculum is designed to provide a very well-rounded understanding to instill confidence and clarity in your teaching. The program offers a supportive environment, encouraging skills and insights and constructive feedback that lead to teachers who are able to teach smart, safe, and creative classes. Following the program, we will offer ongoing mentoring for any graduate who comes on to teach at Yoga Daily.
Our students will meet and will be supported by like-minded yoga practitioners with a similar love and desire for diving deeper into yoga. Lifetime friendships will be forged. A new path will begin here. This will be life-changing!
This program may not be the right fit for you if you want to teach a yoga class like a robot. This program will encourage YOU to find your unique voice and teach as YOU! COMMITMENT is ENCOURAGED…This course will challenge you to show up. The course may not be for you if you cannot commit to the entirety. Some missed sessions may be made up at the rate of $60 per hour with the lead teacher. Missing classes is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED.
Immerse Yourself in YOGA!!
Learn basic sanskrit, mantras and chants
Learn about human anatomy as it relates to yoga
Learn how to teach (and practice teaching) a smart, mindful vinyasa based yoga class
Learn pranayama & meditation techniques
Learn and teach guided relaxation techniques
Deepen your understanding of yoga philosophy and methodology
Learn how to sequence and modify yoga classes to suit any situation/population
Develop and Sustain your own personal practice
Learn why we practice yoga and the benefits
Study the Yoga Sutras
Yoga Teacher Training Details
Program Cost $3100. (does not include required reading-estimated cost $100)
Early Bird Pricing $2750. ends July 1, 2022
- Additional practice and observation homework at Yoga Daily is also required separate from weekend intensives. You will be required to practice and observe several classes per week. A written reflection on the practice/experience will be due at each weekend intensive. Classes must be with Yoga Daily Co-Founder Tricia (or other approved teacher), but you are welcome to choose which class fits your schedule.
- Additional homework (estimated 15 hrs) and reading will also be required to meet Yoga Alliance standards for 200 hour certification.
- Purchase of anatomy reference materials and other books will be required.
- By submitting a deposit, you are agreeing to attend the full training. No credit or refund is available if the participant does not show up, or leaves early for any reason. If a session is missed you will be required to hand in a written essay on a specific topic for each and every hour you have missed. Private paid sessions ($60 per hour) can be scheduled with lead teacher to make up for missed material.
- Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscular Function 2nd or 3rd edition – Joe E Muscolino $60
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali -Swami Satchitananda or A New Earth – Eckhart Tolle $10
- The Heart of Yoga – TKV Desikachar $10
- Light on Yoga : The Bible of Modern Yoga – BKS Iyengar $4
- DVD Yoganatomy Volumes 1 & 2 with David Keil $30/$35
NOT REQUIRED but recommended & helpful for teachers:
- The Essence if Yoga the Yoga Sutras – Bernard Bouanchaud $12 (provides another perspective and reflections)
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Key Muscles of Yoga – Ray Long
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminof
2023 Yoga Teacher Training Dates --- TBA
Teacher Training Application
Applications accepted until training is full. Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Space is limited!!! *A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your spot and complete your application.